Wednesday, August 27, 2008

House of Blues












I had to go in Downtown San Diego for a location scout and the building that I was scouting out was right next to the House of Blues (google it if you don't know what it is...).

I walked in...snapped a few pics...and left. I'll be going back there...fa shoooo!

...Another before and after series...

I decided to be a little sloppy with this image when I brought it into Photoshop....I over-exposed and pixelated the lights above the frames and that ceiling, blanket thingy to look...well...I don't know what I was going for on that. I wanted it to look not-so-perfect. I believe imperfections can make a composition much more powerful at times.

I try to hit a little bit of everything when I bring images into Photoshop. I know that one's particular "style" is very important and that you should be consistent with it...so that people can pick out your work and attach it to your name...but...I also believe it's important to be extremely versatile in styles.

I try to imitate and breathe new life into styles of as many artists as I possibly can. Hopefully, I'll develop a sick style one day.

L8

(click on the images to expand)

No comments: